[Gpdd] MISC Question about cereal

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Wed Jan 14 16:08:46 EST 2009

Jean,

I cannot see the logic behind your pet shop man giving his piggies cereal as it is great for the teeth. Surely the fact that it is stale implies that it has gone soft and, therefore, would not require a lot of chewing.

I am not familiar with Cheerios. I don't know if they are sold in the UK but, as I don't like cereal myself I am no expert. I know that Rice Krispies contain sugar, which I would not want to give to my piggies.

His rats and mice would probably enjoy the cereal, being omnivores. Maybe hamsters too? When I have fancy mice, they get the occasional cornflake.

I don't imagine that any harm would befall the Misfits if they had the occasional cereal piece as a treat but I think that a fresh piece would be tastier. My Rodentologist's rabbit enjoys a bite size Shredded Wheat but she doesn't feed these to her piggies.

Regards from Penny and the Piggyfriends.