[Gpdd] MISC: Hello from Florida (Dee and Joe)

Sarah Erickson sarah19e at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 14 17:58:18 EST 2009

Hi Dee,
This is actually the first time I've posted to the GPDD, but I had to respond to your post.  Guess where I live?  Port Charlotte, FL!  :)  How long are you down here for?  Hope you're having fun...you are down here just in time for the "cold" weather! :)

I guess I will introduce myself!  My name is Sarah, and I have a female Abyssinian named Ginger.  I adopted her from a rescue almost a year ago.  I got my first guinea pig, Chewie, in 2001.  He went to the Rainbow Bridge in 2007, and I miss him a lot.  He was very vocal and a "mommy's boy".  I got Ziggy in 2003, hoping that he and Chewie would get along.  They didn't, but they were content to live next door to each other.  Ziggy was quiet and a little shy, but he would give lots of kisses :)  Ziggy piggy went to the Bridge in 2008.  I loved them both dearly, and when Ziggy died, I started looking at shelters for a new little piggy.

That's where Ginger came in!  She's adorable and I love her to pieces.  She's a bit shy, but I've worked with her a lot, and she's made a lot of progress since I first got her!

I also have a Holland lop bunny that I adopted last year, after my first bunny Zoie went to the Bridge (yes, I lost all of my pets one right after another - it was horrible).  Ginger LOVES Chloe (don't worry, they're housed separately!)  So that's my "furry family".

I've been reading the digest for years, and always enjoy reading everyone's stories.  Hugs to all who have lost a beloved piggy.  Nice to meet everyone!

~Sarah, Ginger, and Chloe the bunny