[Gpdd] [ANNOUNCE] New Piggies in the House!

ussoccerpro9 at aol.com ussoccerpro9 at aol.com
Thu Jan 15 23:02:36 EST 2009

Hi all! I was searching the internet for guinea pig
websites and I came across the GPDD. It sounded like fun so I thought I would
join. I've had guinea pigs my entire life, and currently have two wonderfully
hilarious piglets named Nutmeg (we all call her Nutty) and Zoey. I purchased
Nutmeg from a Pet Store over a year ago. When I got her she was very ill and so
I took it upon myself to hand feed her. She wouldn't even drink from the water
bottle when I got her. Now she is a fat, snuggly, and very happy piggy. Zoey
actually came from a breeder but was?considered "pet quality" and so ended up in
a small family-run pet shop. I had hopes that they would live together (I built
a very large cage made from storage shelving and cloroplast -?http://www.guineapigcages.com/)
However, they do not get along in one cage! They chatter their teeth, nip at one
another, and chase each other around. I had Nutmeg first and so?she must have
been?jealous when I brought Zoey home. I've tried everything I can think of to
have them live together, but for now they live with a barrier between them. Has
anyone else had this problem? I've had guinea pigs live together in the past,
and I know by nature they are social creatures...but Nutty really can not stand
being with Zoey. She is so sweet to her human (and even my dog) companions, but
with other guinea pigs she freaks out. Anyway, it's great to join a community
that is as nutty as I am about my Nutty and Zoey. Hope to share lots of piggy
insights!

?

Thanks!