[Gpdd] HEALTH Stasis and Pine Sol

Maren Fouts magbfouts at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 12:35:32 EST 2009

I honestly don't see how Pine Sol would get rid of the problem.  I would
think that until the rats are gone (in one way or another) the smell will
still continue to come back.  If you could get them out of the wall (and
find out how they got in so this doesn't happen again) that would be best, I
would think.  Then the Pine Sol would be effective, although I wouldn't use
it.  There are plenty of safe, non chemical solutions to neutralize bad
odors.  A lot consist of citrus essential oils or some such.  I usually look
into www.care2.com for healthy living alternatives for things (such as how
to deal with the slug problem I have in my garden without using pesticides
that will harm my pigs, me, or the ground water).

I would do a search on that site or perhaps just a google search for
"decomposing animal odor eliminator" or something until you find what you
are looking for.

We used to get crickets in our house from time to time and my husband went
to his dad for suggestions.  He suggested Diazinon (sp?) which I was FIRMLY
against.  I found a great alternative that is plant based and doesn't
include chemicals.  They are out there, you just need to find it!

Good Luck and piggy kisses,
Maren, Charlie, and Kaylee