[Gpdd] [MISC] Thanks for the welcome & A Question

CindyB cindyb at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 14:01:04 EST 2009

Thanks to everybody for the wonderful welcome. And particularly to
Joanne--hearing about your adopted baby who (successfully) had babies was
the most reassuring thing we've heard. Our vet has said that everything
"should" go just fine, although he wasn't very happy about how small our
little Diva was. Of course she's a lot bigger now LOL, but she *is* very
young.

We've been trying to get pictures, but it's tough. Reese is very dark,
almost black, so she is generally just a black blob in the photo, and our
expectant mom runs into her grass hut if she even sees a camera. It's
amazing, because she's totally calm until the camera shows up. Guess some
ladies just don't like their picture taken on a bad hair day. :)

Question: The vet says we should leave mom & kids alone for a couple days,
but we've got her on towels (didn't want the babies covered in aspen
shavings), which we change twice a day. We absolutely *can't* leave 3 cavies
on 1 set of towels for 2 solid days. Would moving them from one half of the
apartment to the other while we change towels upset them too much? What do
you think?

CindyB