[Gpdd] HEALTH Barley Water Take 2.

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Wed Jan 21 17:05:52 EST 2009

Hi Pat,

I read all of your original post and I replied. Where did my post go? Lost somewhere in the ether along with all the other lost emails. I always read every post however long it may be. I wonder if any other messages have met a similar fate.

The short version of my reply was that I have never given piggies barley water long term but my guess was that it could do no harm as you are making a perfectly natural product. I have only used it until the UTI has cleared up ( and we have mercifully been free of UTIs for a long time ). I guess that is tempting Providence and I will be brewing up the barley water next week.

I know that you can continue with the plain, unsweetened cranberry juice for as long as you like, as a preventative.

Many of my piggies never drink but they do get a vast amount of juicy veg every day so I would not be worried if Olivia does not drink. I'm not sure about the honey but I will be seeing our Rodentologist on Friday and I will ask her advice. Don't worry - no one is ill - just a routine visit.

Hope this post makes it.

Penny and the Piggyfriends.