[Gpdd] HEALTH- water drinking

pat schuett bunzella at yahoo.ca
Thu Jan 22 17:06:13 EST 2009

Hi Jamie,

Thanks for responding.  Olivia was VERY unhappy about getting plain water from a syringe --- I tried that during the original infection.  (On the other hand, she sucked the barley water mixture out of the syringe as fast as she could, which was what gave me the idea that she might drink it herself out of a bowl.)  For the moment, she's fine; all symptoms of the UTI disappeared after three days on the barley water mixture.  I'm just concerned that we will run into more trouble down the road if I can't increase her water consumption.

Also, my piggies are very social with me, but they all get a little stressed about being picked up.  I know part of this is that usually the only time they get picked up is for *bad* things like medicine or nail trims; I've thought many times that I could make it easier on all of us if I made a concerted effort to get them more used to handling and having good associations with it, I just haven't done anything concrete about it yet...

Pat