[Gpdd] health: Mike won't pee

Ginger Fitzsimmons matildalucet at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 23 21:44:24 EST 2009

Answering myself, a little. I have a friend who is a vet. I hate to
bother her on a Friday night, at home, but we were scared. She talked
to me, came over to the house (!) and gave Mike a feel. She confirmed
that his latest ultrasound showed no stones. Her opinion is that he
is not blocked and looks pretty good. She suggests we put more fluid
into him and see how he does overnight. If he still hasn't peed by
morning, we should call his vet for further instructions.
Fortunately, his vet's office is open Saturday mornings.

Whew! So the answer, at least in this case, seems to be the little
rascal can go many hours without peeing if he is showing no other
signs of distress. Almost time for a Power Hour with the water syringe.

-ginger
co-slave to Mr. Mike T. Pig