[Gpdd] MISC A friend for Ringer

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Sat Jan 24 14:31:28 EST 2009

Jean and Andy,

I am sure that little Ringer will be lonely without Trigger.

I nearly always keep my boars in pairs and if one loses his companion, I look to rescue a new friend for him. I have brothers, a father and son and pairs of non related boars. Sometimes I introduce a pair of adults or I might put a baby boar with a bereaved adult, depending on who comes along. It can make a world of difference to them both.

If Patches is on his own, why not give it and try and pair them up? Do it very gradually. I have been doing this for very many years and usually meet with success. My only current failure is my dear old Sam but, as I was asked to take him because he was fighting at his previous home, this did not surprise me. Despite being neutered by his first owner, he did not even want to live with a group of my sows. He is very happy to chat to Roscoe and Gulliver, the boars next door, but likes his own space.

There's a lot to write about introducing boars, so to save me a lot of typing and boredom setting in amongst our readers, why not have a look at this website http://www.susieandpigs.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/optionsmenu.htm  It is badly written with atrocious spelling and grammar but it does contain lots of helpful info on this subject as well as some lovely pigtures ( and no, I am not responsible for the contents! )

Love to the Misfits,

Penny and the Piggyfriends.