[Gpdd] HEALTH: Calico very ill

DebraStory at aol.com DebraStory at aol.com
Sat Jan 24 16:42:33 EST 2009

Hello Friends:  I have been very sorry to hear of all the health  problems
our sweet cavies have been having lately, and also to hear how many  have
crossed the bridge.  We all send our condolences to those who have  lost a fur baby
and our healing prayers and wishes to those who are ill.   Our dear Calico has
been very ill the last couple weeks as well.  He has  made trips to two
different vets and has been taking antibiotics and reglan for  his condition.  He
completely stopped eating and pooping.  He also has  blood in his urine.  His
regular vet was off last week, so he saw a new  vet.  She got him started on
the antibiotics and reglan.  The reglan  helped him to start pooping a little
bit again, but he still does not want to  eat on his own. When his regular vet
came back this week, we also saw him.   He examined Calico, changed his
antibiotic and did a few tests.   Unfortunately, Calico has lost about 10 oz. already
even with the regular force  feeding of Critical Care and probiotics.  His
vet is afraid that he has  multiple issues going on.  Some are due to old age
and some due to the fact  that he is a stone piggy who always has sludge
problems as well.  We are  all very worried about Calico and are trying our best to
keep him warm and hand  fed.  He is to go back for a recheck in a week. He
would appreciate any  prayers and well wishes that are sent his way.  Calico is
going on five  years old (March), and we all hope and pray that he will recover
and be able to  celebrate his fifth birthday in style.

Debra and The Story Piggies
steps!
cemailfooterNO62)