[Gpdd] [Health] Guiny's ovaries

Evelyn Baker ebak at ca.inter.net
Tue Jan 27 14:00:56 EST 2009

At Guiny's age, I would not have her spayed. I've had three guinea
pigs spayed. Two had complications during the healing. None of them
had long lives which I don't attribute to the spaying. All three had
the spaying done under three years of age.

I would definitely have her checked out by a vet, just to make sure
it isn't anything serious. I always like to err on the side of
caution but these things can be cyclical so if it isn't hurting the
quality of her life than I'd leave it alone. I'm sure she would agree
with me.

Evelyn