[Gpdd] [MISC]: To Cindy

Cazza177 cazza177 at ntlworld.com
Wed Jul 1 10:56:15 EDT 2009

Dear Cindy

I did try twice to email you back directly after your meassage sent to me
via GPDD but my email (to your email address) bounced twice, so I am
replying to you via the Digest.  I hope you don't mind.

Thank you for your message, you said some very caring things and I really do
apprecaite it.  I have been trying so hard to decide what is best for my
darling BG.

I feel that the kindest possible thing I can do for BG is to find him a home
with another very caring guinea pig owner who has a boar he can be paired
with.  I cannot have any more guinea pigs as the hurt has been so very
terrible, but also my mother has dementia and is getting progressively
worse, and our 15 year old cat has heart failure, so it is going to be hard.

There would have to be provisos to it -- such as if BG and the other gp did
not get on, I would take BG back.  I would also want the opportunity to see
him every now and then, as I could not part with him if there was no
possibility of me ever seeing him again.  It is such a hard decision but
when I thought about the fact that he potentially could live another 2 years
or more at least, to have him do so alone for all that time is just not fair
to him.  I just want him to be happy, and much as I deeply and truly love
him -- and God knows I really do, I cannot be a substitute for another gp
and give him the 24/7 company another gp could give, and he so deserves that
as he is a highly social pig and so utterly adoreable.  I feel it's the
least I owe him.

It will be equally as hard as it was to lose Artie, but I feel I owe BG
nothing less.  I really do love him.

In the meantime, I am trying to find someone who may be willing to 'loan' me
a rescue gp so BG can have some companionship each daytime when he is in the
garden.  It may just be there is someone who can help.  I'll have to ask
around and see what might be possible.  If there is someone nearby who may
be able to help, that would be wonderful.

Thanks you again for your kind words.

Carole