[Gpdd] MISC Thankyou

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Sat Jul 4 08:49:05 EDT 2009

Thank you dear piggy lovers who mailed me regarding the loss of the sweet little baby boar.

I keep thinking about him and how loved and cherished he would have been.

Monica, the hedgehog lady, after seeing my sow groups running around in their floor pens, has decided that she wants to add to her two piggy girls and is going to buy them a large pen, to which she wants to add a rescue sow or two. To this end, she has asked me to look out for any sows in need of a good home.

My local rescue had their summer Open Day last week and, of course, I had to go and look in the Cavy House. There were only a few sows, all of whom had been reserved and several baby boars. Was I tempted? Of course I was but I do not have room for an extra pen unless the piggies start taking over the bathroom. Now, if there had been a sow waiting, she would probably have come home with me. I can always add a sow to a group without needing another pen.

Our Rodentologists, who number several rescuers among their clients are going to watch out for sows needing rehoming and when Kevin gets home from his holiday, he will be watching out at the rescue ( where he works ) for a sow for Monica.

So, although this was a sad story, the outcome will be that two more little ones find a forever home.

Penny and the Piggyfriends.