[Gpdd] Health; Spooky has diarhoea

M mfug at live.co.uk
Mon Jul 6 04:31:12 EDT 2009

Please keep fingers crossed for my little guy Spooky.

Yesterday evening we noticed he had diarrhoea he was still eating and drinking so we divided the cage to seperate him and Fugly and kept an eye on him, at 22:00 he stopped drinking but was still eating at midnight he still hadnt drunk so I called 6 "local" vets and no-one would see him, they said he wasnt an emergency and to call in the morning.

At this point I moved Fugly back to his old cage to be on the safe side, they can still hear, see and smell each other.

This morning his poop is still fluid he hasnt eaten or drunk, and was just sitting in corner looking sad.

I have just come back from the vets they are keeping him in to get some fluids into him, I can phone in a couple of hours for an update.

He has lost so much weight Friday he was 484g this morning only 401g and according to vets scales only 390g but think they are for bigger animals so not as accurate as mine (I hope).

When we got Spooky I did it to make his life better and now I feel so guilty I have made him iller. I think its the fresh food and grass that have upset him.

Fugly is fine but I am a crying nervous wreck

Anyway enough of me, please keep Spooky in your thoughts and I will keep you updated.