[Gpdd] ANNOUNCEMENT: In Loving Memory of Debbie Jones

admin at guineapigs.org admin at guineapigs.org
Fri Jul 10 13:11:59 EDT 2009

We apologize for the lateness of this message. Sometimes a loss
requires that one take a short time to compose themselves, so that
what say can be said clearly, although it is still refracted through
the tears. This is one of those times.

Normally, condolences go out to one family who has lost a person or
piggie, but in the case of Debbie Jones, these condolences are sent
not only to her husband Pete, daughter Sarah, sister Joy, and other
members of her family, both human and animal, but also to
the GPDD community at large.

Debbie's presence is in the very fiber of the Digest, and will always
remain so.  She represents the Digest at its best; her commitment to,
and love of, the "Dolly Mixtures" extended to every piggie, anywhere,
and she was always ready to participate in the give and take -- asking
questions, offering advice -- that every day helps improve the care of
our piggie friends.  She also sent inspiring messages of sympathy from
northwest France whenever the inevitable happened and a special being
traveled to the other side.

"We hope it brings you a measure of comfort to know that people all
over the world are thinking of you at this sad time," she would say,
and the world at that moment shrank, in the best sense and to its
sweetest essence.

Debbie, we are so grateful that you graced our corner of the Internet
with your thoughtfulness, humor, courage, kind words, and
intelligence. Although we knew you only virtually, the candles we
light for you, the tears we shed for you, and the appreciation
we feel for you, are lasting and real.

With sadness and love,
The GPDD Team