[Gpdd] HEALTH: please help us (re: procedure used on Snowy Bear)

corrine sakumoto oreochockc at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 11 00:37:11 EDT 2009

We have been trying to find anything about NOT 'cutting a piggie's penis off' under any circumstances.  We've learned that this procedure is common with cats.  However, we cannot find anything in regards to guinea pigs. If anyone can help us, we'd really appreciate it.  We would like to bring such a document to the vet so that she won't do this EVER AGAIN.

As we mentioned earlier she was gloating and so proud of herself as to what she did. We KNOW Snowy Bear suffered because she believes in 'underdosing.'  She mentioned a painkiller she used after the surgery which we've never heard of plus a couple days before the surgery when she gave us baytril, the dose was 0.05 ml, not even a drop!, poor Snowy Bear became all sick again so we went back to the previous vet's antibiotic of Sulfatrim .8 ml which seemed to have made him feel better.

It's obviously too late for my little baby, but if doing something like this helps even one little piggie, I'd like to try.

Thanks for your help,

Corrine and Michael