[Gpdd] [HEALTH]: BG with breathing problems, please help.

Cazza177 cazza177 at ntlworld.com
Mon Jul 13 13:40:55 EDT 2009

Dear all

I am really not sure what is going on with BG.  Can anyone advise if they
have had a similar experience?

Symptoms (since mid-May this year):

Runny right nostril -- NOT left, just right nostril.
Right nostril has discharge which is clear to pale cream, NOT yellow or
green.  The inside of the nostril is inflammed now, and so there is a little
watery blood in discharge, but not thick 100% blood.
Both eyes watery, then crusty (I am keeping area clean).
Breathing is quicker than is usual fro him, but I am assuming this is
because one nostril is not so easy to breathe through.
Breathing through mouth a little now, too.
Appetite ok.
Independent ear twitching.
Some teeth grinding.

He has been seen by 4 separate people now.  2 rodentologists, one
vet/rodentologist and a regular vet.  All have said his lungs are clear and
is heart is fine.  Some are suggesting hay fever or allergic rhinitis.  He
was given Baytril but I had to stop as his stomach was getting gurgly (even
though on pro-biotics).  I feel he is getting a little worse.  Vedra has
checked his teeth and says they are fine.  He has Vick vapour rub to help
with breathing and Biscopan to help with mucus.

I have searched the internet over for guinea pigs and allergies but it's
nearly all about people being allergic to gp's, rather than what gp
allgeries are.

Has anyone ever experienced this with their gp's?  Please let me know, as I
am getting so worried about BG.

Thank you

Carole