[Gpdd] MISC: Snowy Bear, My Heart

corrine sakumoto oreochockc at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 21 21:42:15 EDT 2009

My Dear Little Snowy Bear:  Okay, you're not so little, you're three years old.  Can it be a mere three years ago that I saw you at the pet store?  First, there was a bunch of white piggies.  Then less and less.  Then I began to 'watch' you whenever I went.  One time your flanks were losing hair so we talked about getting you but then noticed the hairs were growing back.  I so wanted you but as usual daddy Michael said we have enough (like that's possible!).  We went to another pet store in November and there was a long haired piggie and I said wow! we haven't seen a long haired one for years!  So daddy Michael said (shockingly!) get him, I know you want him!  Plus it was our anniversary, so we got the little hairy guy (later named Snoopy).  The day before thanksgiving, we again stopped at the pet store but couldn't see you, then later saw you in 'isolation', when we asked why, the store clerk said because you've been a naughty boy!  Well,
 humph!  As you know, you came home with us that day.  You looked like a little bear to me so I called you Snowy Bear.  You had amazingly coarse hair.  I guess some people can't see past 'soft hair' but boy do they miss out.  In the beginning, photos of you were 'grumpy.'  You were good natured so could never figure out why your pigtures were grumpy.

I always loved that you had to have your ice pack, no matter what.  Even when it was rather cold, and I wouldn't put it in, I'd look into your pen to find a huge mess!  Message received!  No matter what, you had to have your ice pack.  It tickled me when your grandmommy watched over you when I was out of town and she said to me, Snowy Bear's pen is all messy! and I asked, did you give him his ice pack?  She'd say, he has an ice pack?  I'd say, yes! otherwise he tears apart his pen in protest.  So she learned too.  :)

My absolute favorite is that you are the ONLY piggie to stand up for me!  I'd hold your favorite, italian parsley, and ask you, will you stand up for me? and sure enough, you'd stand on your hind legs with your cute little paws dangling!  It always tickled me and warmed my heart.  You had the most cuddly and warm body.  Whenever I held you between my neck and shoulder, you'd press your body into my neck and cheek and sometimes I'd want to joke, you're cutting off my air!  I was always so happy to see you stand up for your fresh food meals.  You always smiled at us.  Even when you were on antibiotics those last three weeks, daddy Michael would place you on the bed next to me and you'd always watch me.  I used to joke that you're glaring at me, I know you're behind daddy doing this to me mommy! as you so very happily took your medicine, probiotic, water, by syringe.  Even if I was standing at the foot of the bed, you'd turn your body around, just
 to look at me.  I know daddy michael was right when he said, he just loves you so much that no matter where you are, he just wants to look at you.  I saw the love in your eyes for me.  I hope you know that I love you a bazillion fold back.

There isn't any way to heal this huge hole in my heart.  You were savagely taken before your time.  I always promised you that nothing bad would happen to you and look what I allowed to happen.  Sweetie, mommy can NEVER forgive herself for that.  mommy hopes to join you soon.  Snowy Bear, you are my heart, my cuddle pig, my precious little boy.  This hurt and pain will never lessen.  I will love you always and forever, Snowy Bear.  Love, your mommy corrine