[Gpdd] [HEALTH]<anastasia>

Janneke guinygirl at gmail.com
Sat Jul 25 13:10:18 EDT 2009

Hey jean,

Poor anastasia! From reading your post I've got the following ideas;

1) do you know vetbed? (just google it) It is able to let through urine. I'm
guessing from your post that you re taking good care of her already, but
this might make your life a bit easier.

2) You could try physical therapy. (Only if she's up for it; always keep a
close eye on the pig) Is she used to lying on her back? If she is, you can
move her paws for her, while she is on her back (if she isn't try to do it
in a different position, you'd want to keep her as comfortable as possible.
You can also do the therapy in a warm bath (not too hot!) where you rest her
upper body on your hand and slowly move the hindlegs with your other hand.

3) maybe you can consider a hot water bottle or a snuggle safe. just to keep
her comfortable. Never put her on a bottle that's too hot, especially since
she cannot get off it by herself. We have a snuggle safe (rubber disc that
goes in the microwave, if you're in the US; amazon sells it) and I can
really recommend it! When yaya is in pain because of her bone disease (not
that much nowadays! We're keeping our paws crossed) she loves this thing.
Since it's flat it's really easy to lie on.

4) as always, Guinealynx is great ;-) Here is what they have to say about
urine scald: http://www.guinealynx.info/urine_scald.html (i'm not sure that
is what she has, but it sounds likely)

Grtz and a hug for anastasia!
Janneke and Yaya