[Gpdd] Care - Orchard Grass

gracetheface at yahoo.com gracetheface at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 4 12:20:24 EDT 2009

I just discovered orchard grass and the girls love it.  Is it OK to give them lots of it?  I will continue with the timothy hay as well, but I'm going to give them a treat of the orchard grass.  It's better than what I have been treating them with.  A friend gave me some yogurt drops for them and now they are completely addicted.  They scream for them.  I know they are pure sugar, but I still give them one or two a day.  I'm trying to wean them off them but it's hard.  They are so spoiled.
Also, another question.  A few weeks ago I posted saying that I've started putting down a paper drop cloth when I put them in the playpen to change their cages.  Well, the first week they discovered they could get under the cloth because it didn't go all the way to the end of the pen.  So this week I made sure the cloth was completely covered at the edges.  They were fine for a while and then I heard tearing.  Gus, the ringleader, was eating the paper and made a big hole.  In a second, she was through the hole and under the paper with Babe and Rusty close behind.  They pooped and peed all over my rug again.  Any suggestions how to keep them from diving under the paper?  I have toys, food dishes, water and houses set up for them, but they still want to tunnel.  I also bought a new tunnel, but they haven't gone in it yet.  It takes them a while to get used to something new.  They went in the old one, but this one is clear so I can see them
 running around in it.  If they ever go in it that is.
And to all of you who have lost a piggie lately, my deepest sympathy.
Grace, Rusty, Babe and Gus (with Pork Chop and Oreo at the Bridge)