[Gpdd] Rainbow Bridge: Pinkerton

bunsnpigs at aol.com bunsnpigs at aol.com
Sun Jun 7 18:51:31 EDT 2009

Stacey, I am so sorry about your sweet little guy Pinkerton. You know those tumors are not uncommon - and I understand how you feel about not recognizing them sooner - but many of us have been there and sometimes forget? that the piggies mask how they are inside, and so many times it is not until it is too late that we notice their illnesses. Some,?like Pinkerton, wouldn't be able to be saved anyway, but still, it eats us up inside thinking we let them get this way. I know your little boy was so comforted to have you there with him in his final moments. It certainly is heartwrenching for us, though, isn't it?

It is not fair at all that you have lost so many little ones in 6 months. I ended up slowing down in the last few years and not taking in piggies much anymore because of this very reason. I just could not handle all of the losses - it was eating me up inside. My heart even now feels like a block of swiss cheese as so many have taken a piece of it when they die. I only have 2 piggies now, and 1 bunny, after years of having over 20 piggies and many rabbits for both rescues. We are human, and we can only take so much. You are a wonderful piggy mom and now you are a vet tech, too, so you are even more gifted in that you can help many animals in their time of need. Hugs to you, Stacey.

Judi