[Gpdd] misc: rainbow bridge link( John)

John Zimmer jez_84 at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 9 00:41:38 EDT 2009

Dear Jean (misfits),

You are most welcome. I wanted to share it because all of us who love our pets, from piggies to fishies to horses and everything in between, sooner or later knows the heartbreak of losing their irreplaceable and beloved friend.

I was just thinking tonight, as I was reading the gpdd, of all the things that leave our hearts torn and scarred, it's ironic and wonderful that no matter how hard and tough our scarred old hearts might become, they're always tender and soft enough to love another pet, or pets, in spite of knowing the heartache doing so is sure to bring.

I think it's the balm of joy and love we get in return and the irreplaceabe treasured memories we gain along the way, that swathes our torn and aching hearts allowing us to bear the pain of love and loss again and again.

Nothing else can explain it, for were it not for the balm of such joy and love and memories retained, our hearts would surely grow hard as stone, and dry as an old river bed where life giving water once flowed...

(Hmm... Seems heartache still feeds my creative spirit...)

John