[Gpdd] CARE Piggies & Basil - yes or no?

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Fri Jun 12 04:55:44 EDT 2009

Lynn,

It is OK to give your girls some Melissa ( Lemon Balm ) leaves. It is listed on Galen's Garden website as being safe for piggies and is one of the ingredients of their excellent " Hedgerow Herbs". Use the nice fresh new leaves.

http://www.galensgarden.co.uk/herbs/lemonbalm.php

I do not grow Peppers as I do not like them so I am unsure about the leaves and Basil struggles to grow in our cold climate. The pot on the windowsill does not produce enough to share with the piggies

I did come across this useful list.

http://community.livejournal.com/cavy_lovers/176519.html

It is very long so perhaps you could get Earl to look through it for you. Basil is mentioned as an OK food but not the pepper leaves. I just don't know about those.

Penny and the Piggyfriends.