[Gpdd] CARE: Re: bail & Piggies

jaaladog jaaladog at bellsouth.net
Fri Jun 12 18:51:18 EDT 2009

Thanks so much Penny,

You are always such a font of helpful information and useful links.  I
appreciate your prompt answer.  I went right out and cut about 4 of the
blossoms from the plant.  Each is about 2 inches long and has lots and lots
of little, purple flowers.  They smell sweet with the smell of basil
underneath.  Very pleasant.  I've heard you can cook with the flours too but
since the babies seem to love them, as usual, I'll give them up to make them
happy.  :)

I'm sorry you can't grow your own basil there.  It smells marvelous and
really flourishes outside on my deck, which gets full sun and since we are
in the South, even early fall months aren't too bad on it.  Maybe you could
give the lemon balm a try.  I didn't know it, but apparently, it's an
annual.  I let it die off and left it outside last year since I really
didn't know what to do with it anyway, but this Spring, it grew back in the
same pot this year, bushier and bigger than ever!

Thanks again for the helpful info.

Hugs & whisker kisses,
Lynn, Samantha & Tabitha