[Gpdd] [Misc] GP web sites? And silly story

kaplans at peoplepc.com kaplans at peoplepc.com
Sat Jun 13 04:01:45 EDT 2009

 Hi everyone,

Can you please give me a few of your favorite guinea pig web sites? I am making a list of informative sites on pretty much everything and sense I trust you guys above any other source of info I was wondering if you could help me.

Here is a silly story about one of my sweet pigs.

"How Lucifer got his name."

Now don't say anything yet. I now, a pig named after the devil?, but his name just fits him (by the by Lucifer means light or something to that extent). So when he was just a baby (if you have been with the gpdd long enough you'll now I am a former breeder) small and had just been weaned. He was in a cage with three other boys (also just weaned) and they had a habit of looking at me in this certain way, that truth be told was just slightly creepy.  I had them in my room and my bed was positioned just right so that if I laid down at the end of it I was looking right into their cage. And in the evening after they were fed, Luci would site on the other side of his bowl ( so that he was looking right at me) and glare at me. Or that's the way it looked.
See he is chocolate brown, nearly black, and white and he has this stripe of white right above his eyes that is in the shape of a V. And when he looks at me just right if looks like he is really really mad. Like his eye brows are pulled down as if he were angry.
Well my brother saw this and right away said "Lucifer, name that one Lucifer." Well I didn't, not right away. Really I didn't want to name him after the devil. But as the days went by the name kept popping up in my mind when ever I saw him. I know you know what I mean. When you find the perfect name for a pig that's that. The pig seems to tell you, even if you don't like it. That's what happened here. It just fit. It was like when I looked at him he was telling me "name me Lucifer. My name is Lucifer."
He's fully grown now, nearly a year old. And let me tell you, he can still give me the stink eye when he wants to. Just take my word for it. He has a really powerful stare. And by powerful, I mean make you hide vulnerable spots and wait for the bomb to go off. :  ) No I'm just kidding about that. He is such a sweet pig. Loveable as the dickens.

Well there's the story. Hope I haven't bored anyone to death. :  )

Sarah and the piggy gang