[Gpdd] MISC: sick pig in pet store

dogcatpiggymom at yahoo.com dogcatpiggymom at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 24 11:38:48 EDT 2009

We all know that the salesperson was saying what he was
asked to tell customers.  White animals don't look like the
way you describe that poor little pig.

Have you gone back to the store to check out his condition
at this time?

If it was me, I would have asked to speak to a manager and
ask if they would give me the pig.  Sometimes they will
do that knowing that the pig is ill and they couldn't sell it
anyway.  Me being ME, I would have bought it if they wouldn't
give it to me, just to get it medical help.  Of course, I'd worry
about rehoming him/her (if I couldn't keep it) later.

Can you please update us?  I'm sure it was heart-breaking for
you to see a guinea pig in such distress.

My daughter's friend got a job at a local pet store and quit within
days.  Small, sick animals such as guinea pigs that were not in
condition to be sold would be put into their back room freezer to
be killed.  This young man was horrified and absolutely refused
to do such a thing.  It's a very sad reality of PET SHOPS.

Joanne and her herd of 6

Pets come into our lives to teach us about love.
They depart to teach us about loss.
A new pet never replaces an old one; it merely
expands the heart.
If you have loved many pets, your heart is very big.