[Gpdd] HEALTH Snowy Bear

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Sat Jun 27 14:13:50 EDT 2009

Corrine,

I am devastated to read about what happened to dear little Snowy Bear at the vets.

I had to force myself to read to the end of your posts and was horrified by what had I read and had to go and pick up a piggy for a cuddle afterwards.

If any of the Piggyfriends has to have an op, the vet carefully explains what he will do, he will fill out a form with the details and I have to sign it to say that I agree to the procedure. He will only do what is written on the form and if anything else is needed, I willl be consulted, which is why I hang around the surgery until I know the outcome. This may not be the case elsewhere but if it is, has the vet not commited a crime here? US citizens will know if this is true in your country.

I am incensed that any vet would consider such a radical procedure. Larger animals maybe but reconstructive surgery on a little piggy? I am alternately seething with rage and in tears at the outcome.

You cannot blame yourself. You have been incredibly unlucky to have such major health issues first with Peppermint and now Snowy Bear and to be unable to find a competent vet to look after your little ones.

No words from any of us will assuage your grief but please know that we are all thinking of you.

With deepest sympathy.

Penny and the Piggyfriends.