[Gpdd] HEALTH: Snowy Bear's loving gesture

pat schuett bunzella at yahoo.ca
Sat Jun 27 18:07:15 EDT 2009

Corrine, please don't be so hard on yourself about this.

You are one of so many of us who, despite our very best efforts, have no truly experienced and well-trained guinea pig vet or rodentologist to turn to when our beloved little ones need help so desperately.  You had every right to expect that this vet would treat you and Snowy Bear with respect and make sure she was doing the right thing before proceeding: the fact that she didn't is her fault, not yours.  You were in an extremely stressful situation where you knew that time was of the essence --- it's true that any animal with a complete urinary blockage cannot survive long in that condition --- and you made the best decision you could with the information and advice that you had.

I know that as I read your story with tears in my eyes, I'm thinking that I probably would have done the same thing you did.  I'm so sorry for your loss, but I know you loved Snowy Bear and I DO think you did your best...

                                              Pat S.