[Gpdd] HEALTH: A VET REGISTRY

warmbreath warmbreath at comcast.net
Sun Jun 28 22:44:23 EDT 2009

A Vet Registry is excellent and I think we should have our own but also know
the House Rabbit Society which is a large national group, and which also has
state chapters maintains a list of "bunny Savvy Vets"  My thinking has been
that good rabbit vets are often exotics vets and good with piggies too. I
urge anyone needing a vet to check out both the national and your State
Chapter of the House rabbit Society, (Google for addresses).

Also I have contacted a rabbit vet who posts on another list to help me find
a vet knowledgeable enough to help write a "white paper" on uro-genital,
specifically bladder stones, and blockages, and appropriate treatments and
surgeries. I'm hoping it will be technically correct and that we will
allowed to take it with us to our lesser vets when our piggies are having
this type of problem  if anyone else has an idea I would love to hear it. I
would give my eye teeth if we could get a good vet as an advisor on this
list.

I am beyond mad and horrified about what happened to Snowy Bear and I just
aint gonna take it anymore, and poor Herbie as well.  lets check out Guinea
Lynx as well. maybe we can use that as a forum to expand the info available
to us. We will need people to help with ideas and actions. So be ready we
will need you all!    Sandy