[Gpdd] HEALTH: Snowy Bear, my little 'white dude'

Julie Juwles Johnson juwles at bigpond.com
Tue Jun 30 10:27:32 EDT 2009

Dearest Corrine

I am shocked, and deeply saddened at the loss of your Snowy Bear.   I have gotten behind in my posts and only now read of your terrible loss.

That vet sounds like the most incompetent moron - I've never heard of such a thing being done to a piggy, let alone because of a bladder stone/blockage.          Could you imagine the uproar in the human world if a doctor said let's cut of this man's penis because his bladder is giving him trouble!!!?????????????       It's the same difference.   How did that idiot think that Snowy Bear would survive such horrific mutilation by a complete lunatic such as that vet? He should be reported and struck off!

Please don't say you did that to your beloved boy, I know how much your adore & worship your piggies, and you were trying to do the best for your little love.   You had no idea that fool was going to undertake a procedure (without your consent) such as he did.    I believe he should be reported to the veterinary authorities.  Why should he be allowed to get away with that?      And....... I'll bet the creepy vet still charged you heaps of money, to mutilate your boy, right?

When my sister's Angus died in 2008 because of veterinary incompetence, I rang the owner of the vet practice and got stuck into him, said we took a healthy pig in for minor surgery, and 12 hours later he was dead!   And we had to pay for that incompetent vet to kill him!!!      Needless to say, the vet refunded the money, but it didn't bring Angus back.     But at least we knew that they knew they were in the wrong and to blame for our loss.

You did nothing wrong - only tried to help your baby.- if only there was vets out there interested enough to learn about guinea pigs and how to care for them!        PLEASE, stop blaming yourself - you will only make yourself sick and you and Michael need each other at this time.      Be as strong as you can Corrine, remember your love as he was and of the wonderful times you had together.   Snowy Bear is out of his pain and suffering - at peace in paradise, with Peter Gurney, all those wonderful piggies who have already crossed over, and also, now with slave Debbie Jones looking out for him tool

You are right, Snowy didn't deserve that treatment - but neither did you, or do you, Corrine.  Snowy is not suffering any more, and it would break his heart to know how you are blaming yourself.   Please don't blame yourself - all you did was LOVE your baby, and that's all that any of us can do when times get tough.   We try our hardest, and sometimes it's just not meant to be.   Perhaps he was in such pain that he felt it was time to leave you for that glorious grassy meadow over the Bridge.  Maybe his passing was a blessing in disguise - at least he's in no more pain.

I hope you slowly, but surely, start on the mend soon, and can then start to remember all the good times and love you shared with your baby Snowy Bear, and know he's not suffering anymore.

Please accept my deepest condolences and sympathy and love and caring for you both, at this most terrible and saddest of times.       My eyes are overflowing with tears at your experience and I am praying to the Good Lord to send his love and comfort and understanding to you.      God Bless you Corrine & Michael,

R.I.P. "White Dude"

Heartbroken,
Julie & her boys xx (suffering for your loss)