[Gpdd] [RAINBOW BRIDGE] Bisou the Bunny

Debbie Jones pals4pets at cheerful.com
Sun Mar 1 12:44:00 EST 2009

What an amazing coincidence! Only yesterday I was telling you about
Bisou, my dear bunny who sounded a lot like recently-departed Munchkin.
Then this morning I received an email from the very kind lady in the UK
who adopted her from me because I couldn't get decent vet care for her
chronic bordatella here in France, informing me, with great sadness, that
Bisou had left for The Rainbow Bridge late last night, after no sign of
illness at all. As I said in my post yesterday, she would have been 6
this Easter. I know this is a piggie site, but as I had just "introduced"
you all to Bisou yesterday, I thought you would want to know that she had
gone. The family that adopted her from me in autumn 2005, after much
heartache and soul-searching from me, described her as "one of the
loveliest bunnies they had ever had the privilege to care for", and they
have a very small rabbit rescue. They emailed me a lovely photo of Bisou
enjoying the snow. She was a fiesty bunny, very "bossy", as I mentioned
yesterday, but also very affectionate and full of personality. I have
photos of her with my dogs, the bigger of whom was a great friend of
hers, as well as with her husbun and son. She never accepted any
"replacement" bunny companions, though she liked to "chat" with them
through the cage wires. Now she is reunited with them again. Although I
haven't seen her for over 3 years, I have kept in touch, and thought of
her often. I still feel a sense of loss that she has gone to The Bridge,
and shed a few tears when I read the news. Debbie (the Dolly Mixtures'
slave)

"We patronize them for their incompleteness,
for their tragic fate of having taken a form so far below ourselves.
And therein we err, and greatly err.
For the animal shall not be measured by man.
In a world older and more complete than ours
they move finished and complete, gifted
with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained,
living by voices we shall never hear.
They are not brethren, they are not underlings;
they are other nations, caught with ourselves
in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners
of the splendour and travail of the earth".
Henry Beston

--
Be Yourself @ mail.com!
Choose From 200+ Email Addresses