[Gpdd] [ANNOUNCE] Peter Gurney Memorial March 9th--REMINDER

William Farmer wf at hartsville.net
Mon Mar 2 23:35:56 EST 2009

Dear GPDDer's,

Yet another reminder--It's the 4th annual "Light for Peter Gurney" candle
lighting event on Monday, March 9th, 2009.

Everyone is invited to light a candle on March 9th, at 8:00 pm your local
time, in remembrance of Peter Gurney and all of the guinea pigs who are now
with him at the Rainbow Bridge.  Peter Gurney was a tireless advocate for
guinea pigs.  He wrote many of the books that remain our best sources of
information, and he was probably the best guinea pig authority and advocate
in the world.  He passed away from cancer on July 1, 2006, in Great Britain.

All you need to do is to light a candle on the evening of March 9th, and the
lightings in his honor will move around the world.  We will post a listing
of all the places where a candle was lit.

This year, something new:  We'll post a global map image, with each place
identified, where a candle was lit for Peter Gurney.  Let us know if you lit
a candle.  Tell us where you are, so we can include your spot on the map.
Look for the map to be posted on the GPDD website sometime around March
16th.

So, mark your calendars for MARCH 9th, and let's see if we can get lots of
candles lit !

If anyone has ideas on how to expand or improve upon our world-wide coverage
of this event, please let me know.  The more, the better!

Audrey and Will, slave and co-slave to Master Gordon (Remembering Reese at
the Bridge)