[Gpdd] Health: Veggies

Maren Fouts magbfouts at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 13:12:05 EST 2009

Hi all,

My Charlie has a bladder stone.  He's never had them or any bladder sludge
so this is a surprise.  He started losing a lot of weight so I took him in
and it was just starting to form in his bladder then.  A month later it was
bigger (my vet wasn't at all sure it was a stone so I didn't modify his
diet...I really should have).

Anyway, I've been doing a ton of research on new foods for him.
Unfortunately, he's not a fan of fruits but that doesn't stop me from trying
them.  I'm going to pick up some melon today after work to try.

I found this link that will tell the mineral content of a lot of foods.
http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/search/

I have found some foods that are low in calcium, but I am unsure if guinea
pigs can have them.

bamboo shoots
bok choy (I'm not sure of the calcium content of this)
radishes
tomatillos

Does anyone know about any of the above foods?  Any other suggestions would
be greatly appreciated.  Charlie is very mad at me for not getting his
lettuce anymore and syringing him pain meds and Shilintong.  I'm trying to
make him happier so he'll put on weight again!

Thanks so much!
Maren, Charlie, and Kaylee