[Gpdd] Behavior (Aggression)

grace ramp gracetheface at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 4 10:54:41 EST 2009

I have three guinea pigs now, a mama and her two babies.  It will be two years in July that I got them.  Everything had been fine so far, but all of a sudden one of them, Babe, has become very aggressive with her mother, Gus, and sister, Rusty.  Chattering and downright fighting.  There is plenty of room, food, treats, housing, etc. so I don't know what the problem is.  The other night my apartment was quite cold so I covered the cages with a nice warm blanket.  All of a sudden I heard scuffling and then a very loud SQUEAK!!!  I'm not sure who bit whom but it was definitely a fight.  Has this happened to any of you.  Friends for a long time and then all of a sudden fighting?  I don't want to take Babe out and put her alone, but I am getting worried that someone is going to get hurt.  Any suggestions?
Grace, Gus, Babe, Rusty (and Pork Chop and Oreo at the Bridge)