[Gpdd] [Peter Gurney] Light a Real Candle on March 9th

Audrey Binder agbmcmd at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 7 16:31:05 EST 2009

We are almost to March 9th, and we hope to get lots of participation for our annual Candle Lighting Memorial to Peter Gurney and to all the piggies who are with him at the Rainbow Bridge.  This is a real event, NOT virtual, and all you have to do is light a candle on March 9th, at 8:00 pm.  Afterward, just tell me where you lit your candle (city or town, and country), by posting it on the GPDD or to me directly, and I will post a list on the GPDD of all the places where a candle was lit.

This is our 4th candle memorial to Peter Gurney and it is something everyone can do.  Peter Gurney was a world authority on guinea pigs, who died in 2006 in Great Britain.  He left us with a wealth of knowledge that most of us have used through his books and website.  March 9th was his birthday.

As candles are lit in each respective time zone, the light will literally move around the world.  This year we will also try to post a world map showing where the light travelled.  We will be remembering not only Peter Gurney, but all of our beloved piggies who are now with him at the Rainbow Bridge, and who he is looking after.

So, be sure to light your candle on March 9th, at 8:00 pm, and then tell me where you are.
Looking forward to lots of lights!

Audrey and Will, Slaves to Gordon, the GP
(Remembering Reese)