[Gpdd] FW: [MISC.] Going to Rainbow Bridge

ellen garrison elmga at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 14 15:40:10 EDT 2009

From: elmga at hotmail.com
To: gpdd at gpdd.org
Subject: [MISC.] (Going to Rainbow Bridge)
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2009 09:37:19 -1000

To my friends at Gpdd;

Especially to Glynis (in mem of Sully and Duke), Sherry and the Piggie Pals, and Debbie and the 8 Dolly Mixtures; I have read your, Glynis, writings about Sully and Duke, and I really feel for you; and for Sherry for your loss of Golden; and Debbie for your experience with Scoot.  I wish for all the best for you and your piggies here on earth, and for the ones in the 'non-physical' world.
I had two guineas go to guinea pig heaven, i.e., Rainbow Bridge, last year.  First, little Gin Gin, aka Ginger, who was only 2 and a half, but she had heart disease, and developed pneumonia, and it was very hard for me to accept, I was in partial denial and was devastated; if I had only acted quicker, but I didn't; I ended up taking her to the vets who humanely euthanized little Gin Gin...(she was tricolor with black face, black eyes, the rest of her brown and white), I was so attached to her.  I know what you mean when you say, Sherry, if only I had done something differently, but no reason to beat oneself up over what I could only do/feel/act on/say/think, with the capacity that I have as a human being, with a rather limited understanding of what goes on in life itself, of which 'death' is part.  I know and truly believe now, that "death is like the curb on the highway, to die is just not to be seen"...and so I hope that this may be of a comfort to you all, ALL, that when we do die, we do not just 'fall off' or 'end'.  It is never the end, we go someplace else, and the guinea piggies and others go to Rainbow Bridge...and are well-taken care of with lots of love and light...I also had my Little Guy, aka Antonio (after Antonio Banderas) that was an older piggie when I rescued him from the pet store...he had been traumatized by other male guineas, but he loved Gin Gin (I had him neutered, too, so they could hang out together but after that, I don't want to ever neuter a guinea again, it's too much trauma, I think) but then he got mad when I got Rufie who was younger, and once they got in a fight and I ended up with a bleeding finger..yikes.  Well, Li'l Guy was about 6 when he went to Rainbow Bridge but I was so upset over his going although I knew there was something going on for a few days prior.  I had to make an emergency call to my vet, Dr. Cindy, here on the island of Maui, where we live. She told me to give him a mixture of what I had in the medicine cabinet because she had known he was critically dying; to make him more comfortable.  I gave him a tiny bit of ibuprofen, melatonin, and another tiny bit of zoloft which is prescribed for me, and gave it to him in a syringe and the next thing I knew, he was just lying on my stomach and just stopped the convulsions, and I was again in denial, I thought he may have gone to sleep, only later I realized he had joined Ginger, and sometimes before I go to bed, I ask them to visit me in my dreams.  It may take a while, but they have visited me.  I truly loved them, and I truly love my younger ones, and Rufie, too.  Just that next time I wish to be more keen about if they are getting ready to go, I do not want to hold them back, because it causes suffering.  I do NOT want them or anyone to suffer.

Empathetically yours,

Ellen and the three little guineas, Rufie, Cheyenie, and Kaloey

P.S.  I am going to get myown 'puter so I will have more time to be on here with y'all.