[Gpdd] MISC..Off Topic

Jaime rzm.2 at juno.com
Sun Mar 15 14:19:45 EDT 2009

  Hi! I know this is totally off-topic, but I wanted to ask for help for a very
special dog. Here is the link to her story:
http://www.humaneleague.com/
 After you click on the link, you have to
scroll down to see her story. Her name is Bocci.
As you may already know, Lancaster County, which is where I live, is considered the
puppy mill capital of the country. A shameful reputation, I know. There has been some
luck in getting some legislature to start cracking down on these places & a huge puppy
mill was closed down last year. The owner Mr. Zimmerman (no relation, thank God!) not
only was running a horrible puppy mill, but shot 80 dogs when they threatened to shut him
down. I won't go into that long story, as I would like to keep this post as short as
possible. Please read this dog's story. I know times are difficult & we all are
struggling with money, but even a dollar donation would help, or just an e-mail to the
Humane League to tell them how much we appreciate their efforts. I have met & spent time
with some of the dogs that were seized. They are wounded forever. It was one of the most
heartbreaking things I've ever seen. They will be forever scarred by their past, but
hopefully with some help, will be able to know some love in their otherwise miserable
lives. Please just read her story & keep her in your thoughts & prayers. Thanks for
listening.

~Jaime, Mimi & Daisy~
~Molly, Radar & Albert always in our hearts~
http://piggiepages001.blogspot.com/