[Gpdd] MISC Care of our piggies if we pass away

Maren Fouts magbfouts at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 13:26:39 EDT 2009

Joanie,

My husband and I have compiled a list of important information for our
parents if we ever die at the same time.  Things such as where to find
important financial information, whom to call, and what to do with our
piggies.  It is expressly stated that they do not go to a shelter.  We have
provided our pigsitter's name and number as well as the name and number of a
member of the Metropolitan Guinea Pig Rescue (for which I volunteer) as well
as our vet.  I know my father could take care of them temporarily, but we
have no family in the area so if something were to happen, they could call
one of these numbers and inform them that someone needs to come and take
care of the pigs at least until one of our family members arrives.  Of
course, we have provided a copy of this to our parents in advance as well as
a copy here in our home for them to find if the need ever should arise.

I hope many others have thought about this as well.  I know my father has
made me Godmother of his 2 dachshunds in his will.

Piggy kisses!
Maren, Charlie, and Kaylee