[Gpdd] RAINBOW BRIDGE

Ricthecollector at aol.com Ricthecollector at aol.com
Sat Mar 21 09:20:01 EDT 2009

From: "Ric & Denise Sabatini"  _ricthecollector at aol.com_
(mailto:ricthecollector at aol.com)
Subject:  Re: [Gpdd] Rainbow Bridge - Midnight
To: "GUINEA PIG DIGEST" _gpdd at gpdd.org_ (mailto:gpdd at gpdd.org)

     It is with great sorrow that we report the death  of Midnight, our 7
year-old precious boy, the patriarch of the Sabatini Piggie  clan.
     Midnight went to the bridge at 5:40 a.m. on  Wednesday, March 18, while
being held and kissed by his loving Mom and  Dad.  Old age and cancer took the
love of our lives, leaving us broken  hearted and our 9 other piggies and two
cousins without their proud  leader.  He joined brothers Huey and Chester and
sister Mama Pajama at The  Bridge, leaving behind brothers Dewey, Louie
(Louis, as he wants to be called),  Blackjack, Cajun, Darby and Maguire; sisters
Junie B. and Kimmi; his niece, Baby  Luv and cousins Garfield and Ziggy.
     Through our deep sorrow, though, we  look at our many happy years with
Midnight and the fun times we shared with  him and our clan.
     Midnight was active until his passing, bringing  joy not only to our
family, but to hundreds of students at the Walt Disney  Elementary School in
Levittown, Pa., where his Mom works as a kindergarten  teacher.
     The day before he died, St. Patty's Day,  Midnight was busy as usual
helping students in his  mom's classroom learn to read and hone their  letter
recognition skills.  He celebrated the holiday with them and as  usual, before
leaving, he received "gentle pets", hugs and kisses from the  children.  His
death has left a void in their hearts too.  His  siblings, who shared classroom
duties with Midnight, promise they will carry on  the tradition of "helping Mom
teach the kids."
     Midnight was a "teacher" at heart and a  "literacy pig". In 2006, he won
the local newspaper's PetStar contest,  beating out 73 other pets, including
dogs, cats, birds, etc., for the  honor. Students at his mom's class helped
him win the  honor with their votes and donations to Newspapers in Education,
and  Midnight will never forget them.
     With his passing, many of the students and  their parents have expressed
condolences and join in our grief.
     Midnight's cage sits empty now, next to my  favorite chair. I still stop
while distributing treats, forgetting that  he is gone.  I look for him
savoring the water from his bottle.   Unlike most piggies, Midnight would take the
water in his mouth, and then  turn away from the bottle's spout and swallow,
returning again and  again following the same ritual.
     And when his Mom leaned down at the front door of  his cage before
leaving in the morning, Midnight would come to the cage door and  kiss her lips.  I
know she misses those kisses.  Like me, I know  she waits to be reunited with
our loving boy at The Bridge.
     I could go on and on and admittedly, writing this  note has helped me in
my sorrow. I'll close with this final  thought.  Love and cherish your
piggies (and other pets) every moment  of every day. Their time on earth is far too
short.
     Midnight, until we meet again at The Bridge, know  that we love you and
will never ever forget you.

steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1220863691x1201421954/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fwww.freecreditreport.com%2Fpm%2Fdefault.aspx%3Fsc%3D668072%26hmpgID
%3D62%26bcd%3DMarchfooterNO62)