[Gpdd] Behavior: That Bertie Pig is such a Ham!

warmbreath warmbreath at comcast.net
Sat Mar 21 13:40:42 EDT 2009

Leah!!  Bertie did that because HRH, The Princess Snowflake, taught him.
For all of this, it has a serious side as well as Bertie antics. Piglets
learn from their moms, what to eat, what to drink , how to do everything ,
that's why my piggies will eat just about anything, I teach them..When I had
so many we called it Penny Giggle Farm All the piggies were taught to love
the syringe way before they were sick, they would all stick their head into
the wide mouth jar Oxbow Vit C comes in and snatch away one precious pill
and gobble it down. They all were taught to eat oranges and peppers, and
since I was worried about the sugar in oranges I tried teaching lemons and
Square Ed was the only one but he would wheek a storm for a small slice of
lemon. So now that Bertie has learned a new trick he should be sure to get
his reward. Give him a chance to jump in first, and if he does, then he gets
his breakfast first. I know this violates royal protocol but its worth it.

Now all this is fine and well but I still cant get Manny to teach his pet
guinea pig any manners what so ever, and I have failed. Manny always peed in
a specific corner so consistently  had planned to see if I could work him up
to a litter box. Then along comes Lil' Pig. He pees everywhere and anywhere,
especially the cuddle cups and towels.  Manny used to be an orderly eater
out of my hand, or however I presented it. Lil Pig has taught him he has to
fight for every bite. Lil Pig will even snatch a romaine leaf, go back  and
back until he has as much as he can get stuffed behind him, and he does that
carrot bashing thing, where they take the carrot stick and swing their
little heads back and forth club away any competitors. I know he must have
come from a piggy mill and had to fight for every bite, but my peace is
mashed up with the veggies, and Manny gives me this look that says "do
something, you're the mommy".
Sandy, Manny the Boar, Lil Pig the pig