[Gpdd] [MISC]: Guinea pig petitions

Cazza177 cazza177 at ntlworld.com
Fri Mar 27 11:20:20 EDT 2009

Dear all

There are two petitions on the Petitionsite that I came across the other day
about guinea pigs which you might be interested in signing.

One is to put an end to the housing of rabbits and guinea pigs together, to
prevent the injuries guinea pigs can suffer.  This one closes in August 2009
and is to be presented to one of our local councils to get their backing,
which may in turn become a policy other councils here in the UK adopt.  The
lady who has set this petition up only has 94 signautres at present, and
would like to reach 1000.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/guinea-pigs-and-rabbits

The other isn't quite so clear in its aims, but is in response to a story
from a short while ago here in the UK of 124 guinea pigs having been found
in very sad conditions, including ones that had died, and this lady wants to
see far better standards as law to stop the way guinea pigs get treated.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/stop_guinea_pig_cruelty

Many thanks to all who have the chance to sign.

Carole