[Gpdd] [CARE]<The two shelterboys>

Janneke guinygirl at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 06:04:59 EDT 2009

 Hey Sis! (known as Mieke to the rest of the gpdd)

About your two boys; I have several hypotheses about them;
Both mites and fungus are viable hypotheses. (very possibly even both) I'm
sure the vet will give them ivermectine treatment (or stronghold). Be sure
to check out the knoevelsite (which is in dutch. Sorry fellowdigesters, but
for mieke this is a good tip because here she can see which treatments are
available in the netherlands) Desiree is the best when it comes to these
kind of cases. Even if you choose to treat them with ivermectine (which is a
very good idea anyway) you can also treat them with one of the
knoevelshampoo's. it relieves their skin (dryness and itching) and helps the
healing process.

About the one with the swollen paw; that sounds like bumblefoot. You've read
about that several times on the digest already, so you should know what to
do about it ;-). Also check out the knoevelsite (onder ziektes,
voetzoolproblemen). I'm sure the other gpdders will suggest this and the
treatment so i'm gonna depend on them and be lazy ;-) (but call me if you
need to know more, i have a headache and have a lot of other typing to do
today)

Do you have to give the boys back to their owners when they come back from
their holiday?? I would be really hesistant about that. If you really have
to, try to educate them and make them pay for the bills. I'm guessing you
know this.. but anyways.
Okay, good luck with them!
Janneke