[Gpdd] [CARE] Cookie Recipes

Anderson, Jocelyn M jocelynm at umich.edu
Mon Mar 30 10:10:58 EDT 2009

Hello people and piggies,

I recently made cookies for my piggies. I used the recipe from http://guineapigfun.com/biscuitscookies.html :
1/2 cup Oxbow pellets, ground
1/4 cup rolled oats, ground
A few tablespoons shredded carrots
1/2 banana
1 tablespoon honey

Baked at 350F until the edges were crispy. I stored them in an airtight container, which made them a bit soft. When I added a cookie to the food bowl, Edgeworth licked it a bit, picked it up out of the food bowl, and then sat on it. Later I saw that Edgeworth was laying down and using the cookie as a pillow! I took the top off the cookie container and after the cookies hardened, I gave the piggies another cookie the next day. The cookie disappeared, which was a good sign. Yesterday I caught Flashbang Fatbottom trying a cookie: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3574/3396946032_eb596c1663_o.jpg ! They might be a hit yet!

I'm going to try using apple for the cookies next time. Anyone have any other piggie recipes to share that I could try?

Jocelyn, Little John, Flashbang Fatbottom, and Edgeworth