[Gpdd] HEALTH Brownish urine

Julie Juwles Johnson juwles at bigpond.com
Tue Mar 31 07:01:01 EDT 2009

Hi Penny

You are a wealth of information!    Thanks so much for taking the time to write re the brown urine my boys and producing.   On closer inspection, it's coming only from the baby boys......... and the newer younger ones have a stronger colour than the older younger babies (figure that out!).    I'm guessing it's a change in diet - the grain I feed them is mixed oats, pellets, lucerne hay, and molasses.    They just love it - so probably eat too much of it.

I'm assuming the molasses is the problem, and as they mature and their digestive systems age they will get used to the molasses and their wees will go back to normal colour.      They are all very healthy piggies, I'm very pleased and proud and grateful to be able to see (except that wretched cheilitis on Joey's lips/nose and now on Wheeky's nasal area.     I continue to use the hydrogen peroxide and vaseline and daktarin, etc., and slowly but surely they are improving.

Thank you so much for imparting your wisdom with us all, you are a fantastic and knowledgeable piggy slave!

Happy wheeks, squeaks & cuddles,
Julie and her Nine furry babies + 1

{remembering my darlings - Muppet, Teddy, Dougall, Archie and Brandy forever in my heart and soul - desperately & despairingly missed)