[Gpdd] Care: Diet Change for the Piggies

leah.mcneil at wachovia.com leah.mcneil at wachovia.com
Tue Mar 31 11:43:15 EDT 2009

Hello Piggies & Slaves!
I hope that you all are doing Swell. I'm sorry
I haven't been as active on the Digest as I'd
like to be, but I've beeen a busy, little bee
these days. I skim the Digest daily and mourn
with the losses and empathize with the many
illnesses. I filed for my Divorce last wheeeek
and that was a weird feeling afterwards.
Princess Snowflake's Daddy and I have
really come to turns with our divorce and we
have managed to let bygones be bygones.

I recently moved into a different townhouse,
or rather villa and it's just Wonderful! I Love
having my bedroom connected to the living
room so I can hear what goes on in PS's and
Bertie Pig's cage. The Princess was angry at
me for a few days because I had to change
their diet. I am ashamed to admit that I was
giving her too much fruit, because I guess my
life just got so busy and it would be the
equivalent of a parent giving their child candy
just to shut 'em up. PS is VERY Demanding
and if she doesn't get what she wants, then she
makes life miserable for you. Well, I noticed
that after the move, that she was really slowing
down and just not acting like herself. I thought
it was stress from the Big Move, but now, I am
thinking it was because she was getting too
much fruit.

So, I removed all fruit from their diet...No honey
dew melon, no cantaloupe, no strawberry (which
is her Absolute Favorite), no grapes, no nothing!
I just give them a lettuce mix (red, green, endive mixed
with a very small amount of a boxed mixed baby
letttuces assortment). Well, the Princess was NOT
having that! She rebelled by refusing to eat properly,
but she would drink water excessively. So, her beans
reduced in number greatly so I was getting a little
concerned. And she was having Temper Tandrums
like you wouldn't Believe! And it was soooo hard for
me to deny the Princess of anything because she
just plays me like a fiddle, and I'm such a sucker
when it comes to her...and she Knows that. But, I
was successful in adminstering my 'Tough Piggie
Love' and I stayed strong. Sooooo, she eventually
started eating the lettuce and her pellets and hay.
And her beans are almost back to normal. They
were REALLY tiny there for a few days. And I guess
she has forgiven me. I have to just give them their
lettuce mix and then walk away. Otherwise, she will
start up her tandrum. I'm learning. I'm staying Strong.
And YES, Of Course, the Princess is still the Boss!
But, she doesn't have to know that, right???

Well, I hope that all Piggies & Slaves are having a
Super FAN-TA-BU-LOUS Wheeeeeeeeek!!!

    Love 'n Wheeeeeeeeeeps,
                        Leah...Slave to PS & BP :-)