[Gpdd] Arthur

Annelie Etsebeth annelie at brat.co.za
Mon May 4 03:43:17 EDT 2009

Dear All,

Thank you all for welcoming us, slave and masters, to the digest.  We
already feel like part of the family!

I have some bad news, though.  On checking my masters (Friday morning) I
noticed straight away that Arthur seem lethargic - this isn't normal for my
happy little seuntjie (boy) and I removed him from the cage straight away,
keeping him close enough to keep an eye on him the whole time.  He seemed to
bounce back after a few hours and even popcorned when presented with his
daily veggies.  Friday night when I went to bed I thought that I might put
him back with Guinevere the next morning seeing as he seemed to be doing
well and I just assumed that it was a false alarm.  Saterday when I woke up,
however, my little seuntjie was having trouble breathing.  He just lay in
the cage, looking at me with those sad little eyes.  He died in my arms,
less than 30 minutes later, with me and my son crying over him.

I was wondering whether anyone has any idea about what might have gone
wrong?  I put him and Guinevere outside on Thursday and I'm now wondering,
seeing as he couldn't breathe properly, whether our garden services maybe
put something on our lawn which might have poisoned him?  Guinevere is still
okay, though.

Thanks,

Annelie