[Gpdd] MISC Condolences for Arthur

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Wed May 6 04:51:57 EDT 2009

Annelie,

I was so sad to read your post about little Arthur, especially coming so soon after "meeting" your piggies.

There is always the possibility that something used by your garden service might have been dangerous to piggies. Can you check with them to see what products they may have put on your lawn? Many garden chemicals have been banned in England, leaving us gardeners with very few weapons against pests and diseases but I do not know what might be available in your country. Here, farmers can still use products that gardeners cannot purchase and there is always the chance of drift from farmland.

There are also lawn weeds which are poisonous to piggies. In England, we must beware of buttercups in the grass but there are many other harmful plants. I grow many South African plants in my garden and greenhouse but I am not familiar with your weeds.

Of course, Arthur may have had a heart attack or some other problem, totally unconnected with the grass but one never knows.

Please accept my sincee condolence on your loss. I hope that Guinevere continues to be OK and that she will present you safely with some little memories of Arthur in due course.

With sympathy.

Penny and the Piggyfriends.