[Gpdd] Misc. Thanks Cindy

Algernon07 at aol.com Algernon07 at aol.com
Thu May 7 04:36:12 EDT 2009

I can see that the GP Stone info was meant for Shweta, but I am so grateful
to have snagged this GPDD.   Our May Pirate excursion, virtual event, is
not canceled but temporarily on hold. I cannot believe it -- Capt'n Jack is
the picture of robust health but Monday I woke up to discover blood all over
the inside of his cage. Keep in mind that he is only 14 months old. My
daughter and I got him to the vet and he has a bladder stone and UTI. How I wish
it were just the UTI. I've lost 2 little guys to stones: Ebeneezer WoollyBear
and Mr. Cooders as the "old timers" on here know.

     Then, amazingly I ran across Cindy's post. Maybe there's hope. The vet
(a new one, my regular exotics was not in the day I needed him) -- most of
you know my town has no exotics vets but I did find another exotics in the
same city as I've been taking the piggies. As I was saying, although we
didn't go into it, the vet seemed to have serious reservations regarding surgery.
I do too. I didn't ask enough questions. Perhaps I'll phone him.
     After 12 hrs or maybe 20 of a blood free cage, there was blood in his
urine again this afternoon. A lot of it. Now there's neither blood nor
urine. Time to start syringing. He's on liquid baytril and a probiotic. Can
piggies actually live comfortably with a stone? My other two certainly could not.
     And what do people give their piggies and how much does it help?
There's a Schill-a -something, isn't there? I know I shoud have all this comitted
to memory but I don't.
     I don't want to lose this little guy but I don't want to keep him
alive if he is suffering and cannot be helped.

     I'm a woman on the edge folks! Prayers for Capt'n Jack would be
greatly appreciated. And suggestions as well. If mail is returned resend it to:
algernon1 at verizon.net   (all lower case letters).
You can actually cc to that address. Another one:   algegps at yahoo.com   If
I get the same email in 3 places, that's fine. Better that than it being
returned because my mailbox is full.

Thanks,
Alge and her little Piggy Pirates