[Gpdd] [RAINBOW BRIDGE] Condolences for Arthur

Debbie Jones pals4pets at cheerful.com
Thu May 7 08:52:33 EDT 2009

Annelie and Guinevere We were so very sorry to hear of Arthur's departure
for The Rainbow Bridge. So many piggies seem to go to The Bridge without
our knowing why. It is possible the grass where they were had been
sprayed with something, or if it were hot he could have developed heat
stroke, which can lead to pneumonia, or it may simply have been "his
time". Piggies, being prey animals, are such experts at concealing all
signs of illness until it is way too late to do anything about it, and
all slaves have experienced that rollercoaster where one day they seem
better, the next twice as bad. We don't usually separate piggies from
their cagemates unless we suspect something contageous, as piggies are
such social creatures and often feel more stressed if isolated - think
this was Peter Gurney's advice too. We are glad Arthur was able to slip
away from the comfort of your loving arms. We are sure he realised how
precious he was to you, and he is now popcorning happily at The Rainbow
Bridge. We hope you will be able to find an alternative companion for
Guinevere at your nearest guinea pig rescue, as we are sure she will be
feeling lonely. May you find some comfort from the fact that members of
this special community from all over the world are thinking of you at
this sad time and wish you well. Debbie and the 6 Dolly Mixtures "We
patronize them for their incompleteness,
for their tragic fate of having taken a form so far below ourselves.
And therein we err, and greatly err.
For the animal shall not be measured by man.
In a world older and more complete than ours
they move finished and complete, gifted
with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained,
living by voices we shall never hear.
They are not brethren, they are not underlings;
they are other nations, caught with ourselves
in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners
of the splendour and travail of the earth".
Henry Beston

--
Be Yourself @ mail.com!
Choose From 200+ Email Addresses