[Gpdd] MISC.: Thanks, Cindy

Cindy calliope at geeksnet.com
Thu May 7 14:18:27 EDT 2009

Alge, I'm very glad you saw the info regarding the bladder stones' list.  Please know that we are sending healing wheeks and prayers to Capt'n Jack.  We are so very sorry to hear that he has a stone.

Surgery is a scary option, I know, and doesn't always help.  Our Sunshine's stones came right back after surgery, despite our changing his diet.

One thing: if you are giving Capt'n Jack water from the tap, or even filtered water from the tap, it would be best to buy bottled water.  There is a theory that fluoride causes stones to form.  Tap water (even when it is filtered) has fluoride; bottled water does not.

Shilintong (spelling?) is the alternative medicine you are thinking of.  I know Leah has used it with success.  I'm sure she can tell you more.

And please post on the stones list, if you like.

Again, our best to the Captain.

Cindy, Tumbleweed, and Friday